State of the receivership process
After working a few days on the BitBet receivership process I am pleased to present all interested parties with my first progress report. The work I have undertaken during these few days focused mainly on the identification and accounting of the theoretically available assets, as well as the listing of existing claims against BitBet.
As of today, I have received:
– from Matic Kočevar: the deedbot’d DB, codebase, and contents of the hot wallet amounting to 4.83337474 BTC [1, 2]
– from Mircea Popescu: the bitbet.us domain and the sum of 750.5 BTC.
Auctioneering of the source code, database and domain name
The source code, database, and domain will be auctioned as a single package during the next week, bids should be published directly in the comments, the highest bid at the end of Wednesday the 6th of April 2016 will be retained as buyer for the whole package.
After the completion of the auction I will publish a final list of assets, the list of certified claims (after resolving whatever bets can actually be resolved at that point in order to maximize the fee revenue). After that I shall give a few days for interested parties to comment and finally proceed to the actual transfers (Bitcoin and other assets).
State of the assets and liabilities
As of the today, the minimum value of the assets in my possession is ~755 BTC, while the maximum total amount for the liabilities, should all claims be certified, is ~981 BTC.
- Cash: 954.78385211 BTC (of which 755.33337474 BTC is currently under my control):
(1) Outstanding bets: 942.81955914 BTC,
(2) Unpaid resolved bets: 8.75451297 BTC,
(3) Zeroconf bets on unhandled proposals: 1.99978000 BTC,
(4) Gracious donations: 1.21000000 BTC.
- Non-cash assets for which the value is to be determined during the auction:
- the 'bitbet.us' domain name,
- the BitBet database,
- the BitBet source code.
Liabilities: 981.54108013 BTC, detailed as:
- Mircea Popescu's bill: 17.94766149 BTC
- Receiver's fee: 13.37 BTC
- Bettor winnings: 331.69291390 BTC (335.04334737 BTC before 1% fee)
- Bettor refunds for unresolved bets: 616.53072474 BTC
- Bettor refunds for zeroconf bets on un-handled proposals: 1.99978000 BTC
Data used for this report
See the data files in plain text format, or in CSV format.
The lists of Bitcoin addresses to be used by BitBet, as transmitted by Matic Kočevar and clearsigned by Mircea Popescu [1, 2].
April 6th update: additional data as per my response to hanbot’s comment. It includes the outstanding bets as well as the resolved but unpaid ones. It also has the resolution timestamp included.